I’m sure there were many awesome things happening in many photos in 1981. Here’s my attempt at finding 10 awesome things in this photo; wish me luck.
- I secretly filled my ears with the small Styrofoam balls found inside of the beanbag chair. It was not a fun doctor visit.
- By four years of age, my lifelong fandom of Looney Tunes had been established.
- I’m sporting what is most likely a knock off pair of Chuck Taylor All-Stars. Much later in life I would purchase an authentic pair of Chuck Taylor All-Stars.
- That turntable was used to rock vinyl classics by the likes of Abba, Chicago, The Eagles, The Police, and Rod Stewart.
- That cassette deck was used to rock cassette classics by the likes of Abba, Chicago, The Eagles, The Police, and Rod Stewart.
- The brown suitcase under the stereo was actually a cassette case. It was orange and velvety on the inside.
- We had a sweet floor model TV that you could put stuff onto. I miss the 1980s.
- There’s a small photo on the TV of my Grandpa & Grandma Gleason holding me. The full image can be seen in this post.
- There’s a picture (mostly engulfed by the flash) on the TV of my first visit with Santa Claus; I asked him for a Snickers.
- Apparently I was a real turd the entire time my parents, and some poor photographer, were trying to take that winter themed photo of me on top of the TV.
Once you’ve recovered from the awesomeness contained in my photo, grab one of your family photos and take in its awesomeness. Think about the memories. What was going on in your life at the time? How has that shaped who you are now?